Yeah, my enrolment forms for the NEIS program have arrived finally. I am hoping to start a cert v1 in small business management. I have been making lots of things... cushions.. knitted broches and knitted handbags...and somewhere along the line i converted a dingy computer room in my home into a " sewing lounge" so I could have a go at starting knitting and sewing classes from home. All sounds like it is falling into place yet at this point in time I seem to be spending my money and not making anything yet.
I have even wandered in to a few shops that I think may be interested in my broches however it seems that with the 100% markups i can't make much given the time I have put into making them. I have been lucky so far as I have had positive feedback and suggestions. My latest one ( although it has been said to me before) is to get my things together and sell them at a market...
All these ideas are swimming in my head and I need to make a start...
I am off to Melbourne on the weekend and am going to pop into Thread Den with a few pieces and see what the feedback is. I also am going to the Makers Market on Sunday at the Abbotsford Convent to have a peek as I've never been there.
Its all good stuff and I am learning that an artist has to have thick skin, be patient and keep creating at all costs...it will happen!!! So much to learn!!
Bye for now to my friends who happen to stumble on this blog!!
Thursday, July 9, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment